Tuesday, January 09, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

We just finished An Inconvenient Truth. I'm already convinced we need to try to do something about global climate change, but after watching this, I'm doubly convinced.

I felt Al Gore did an outstanding job of explaining the science behind global climate change, while keeping it accessible to everyday people.

One of the scariest parts for me was when they showed how the United States is drying out, and the south central part of the United States (where I live) is going to go through a major water shortage in the next 50 years. We're already in a drought. Up until now, I've believed to be a temporary condition, but now I'm not so sure.

Oh well, maybe the ice caps will melt and we'll get an inland sea again...I'd love to have a house on the beach.

No comments: