Friday, February 10, 2006

Death Penalty for Child Molesters

If Democratic Senator Jay Paul Gumm of Durant has his way, Oklahoma will begin executing repeat child molesters sometime in the near future. I don't have any children, or I might feel differently about this, but I strongly disagree with this measure. I prefer locking a person up for life with no chance of parole to the death penalty. At one time, it was cheaper to keep a person in prison than it was to execute them. And the news said that as soon as your second offense could result in the death penalty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think once there is a first offense, they should either be locked away for life, or shot. Doesn't matter to me much. Bullet is cheaper though. :)

Steven H. Roemerman Sr said...

I would kill any bastard that touched my kids, and I'd do it with my bare hands. These freaks forfeit their right to exist when they molest little kids...I'd much rather the State put these guys to death than angry parents