Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Fire Danger

Here in Oklahoma the wildfire situation is out of control. A couple of days ago, there was a wildfire about a block north of my dad's house in Duncan. When I talked to him, it had burned one house to the ground that he knew about. The Oklahoma City news was reporting 5 houses burned later that night. It's pretty crazy.

My dad was a volunteer firefighter for years, and he helped out with the recent fire. My step-brother is a firefighter. It takes a special kind of courage to put your life on the line to help others, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for that kind of person.

In the coming days the fire danger appears that it will worsen. If you know someone who is a firefighter, I urge you to thank them for doing what they do and to keep them in your thoughts until we get some rain.

No comments: