Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's Official -- I'm Getting Old

This has not been a good two weeks. First, I got food poisoning and was sick for a couple of days. Then, I've got some kind of a head cold or allergy thing going on. My diaphragm is so sore from coughing that it hurts to breathe. Then, I got new eyeglasses and something was wrong with the prescription because I couldn't see very well with them, and I was getting headaches. So I went back to the eye doctor today and she rechecked my eyes. I asked her when I would need to start considering bifocals. She said not normally until I reach age 40. But, she went ahead and tested me for problems focusing on far and then near objects, and guess what? I'm having problems. So she tells me I'll probably be in bifocals sooner than age 40. Just freakin' great!

No comments: