Friday, August 04, 2006

Glued to a Toilet Seat

I just read where another person found herself glued to a toilet seat in a public restroom, and I can remain silent no longer! I'm not one to blame the victim, but I'm thinking there are some very simple precautions one could take to ensure one doesn't find one's self the subject of an embarassing, if humorous, internet story.

It seems to me, that if you wipe the seat off with a tissue or place one of those paper ass gaskets down, it would be pretty obvious if some deviant has squirted a bead of super glue on the seat (which is really funny by the way). That's all there is to it.

It seems like common sense, but I could be wrong. I just can't imagine walking into a public restroom and sitting down without doing a thorough inspection of the seat first. You never know when a Trekkie left Klingons on the seat, if you know what I mean.

I'll give these super glue victims the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they had to go so bad it seemed like a good idea at the time to forgoe the inspection because hestitating even a second would risk unleashing the unthinkable. Just be careful. Apparently, staph infections and pedophiles aren't the only thing to worry about in the bathroom.

2 comments:

INAMINI said...

This doesn't neccessarily have to do with toilet seats, but I found your blog today. I like it! I will keep reading, and make sure that there is no glue on any possible future toilet seat. Good luck, and thank you!

Michael said...

Thank you.